Tarot News, October 2004
- Changes: This month we had a lot of work to install some improvements at Trionfi .com, so not much time was invested to look for Tarot News in the world. The improvements are partly related to the Tarot Museum : the Iconography-section was restarted with a new outfit and new possibilities, incredible attractive possibilities, I feel tempted to add. But take your own judgment - in the moment only 14 cards are installed:
The changes are not completed, but it's enough to see in which direction it will develop. The old iconographical section is still reachable, and it will stay till the time, when all old contents have been adapted to the new concept. If you've difficulties to understand the new functions, please read the explanation page.
- Another great list was done and in joking mood called The GREAT DECK ORACLE (not Oracle deck, "deck oracle"), demonstrating the gigantic dimensions of
Alexander Sukhorukow's World Web Museum for Playing Cards and that each deck can be called with a simple hyperlink now in its context inside the Musem,
which is a new technical advancement. Btw: The number of decks increased from 2600 to about 3600.
- 14 Trionfi: We've chosen the 14 start cards consciously, reminding the existence of our 5x14-theory, which seems to be overlooked by the most visitors of our site. Probably the readers are a little confused about the many articles and the many pictures and it's difficult to see, that this is a central part in our research. So it seems necessary to put some concentration just on this aspect of our work, and - logically - the 14 cards show just the 14 motifs, which once was painted by the first painter of the Pierpont-Morgan-Bergamo Tarocchi and which we assume to be intended to be a 5x14-deck in its original version.
The articles are hidden like the easter-eggs inside the iconography section and will serve our interests, to make this specific aspect a little better known. Perhaps you take part our fun about the arrangement.
- old motifs/articles is a specific button inside the Iconography section. The content behind it isn't completely developed and it will grow only in slow steps with the time, as much specific work is connected to it. What could be done there ... we've experimented with 2 essays of Andrea Vitali, one already presented last month about the Hanged Man, the other new about the Fool card.
- China:This news may only be of interest for persons with an interest for divination generally: In China some archaelogists d
etected tombs, which are assigned as belonging possibly to the early kings or other important persons of the Western Chou. One of the important persons was the duke a Chou, by legend and tradition considered to be the author of I-Ching.
- We are short with News this time. Perhaps you're interested in Tarot News of the more modern type: Bonnie Cehovet has a rather good and constant newsletter called
Gateway to Tarot at her page and Eva Yaa Asantewaa produces Dancing World as a yahoogroups-newsletter (you've to be a Yahoo member to receive it).
- We are short with News this time - well, it's not my fault, but I've to repeat the sentence, cause it's a problem. The News in the current form take too much of my personal energies, which
are necessary at other places, and - actually, I do not love to work too long time in the same function - and alas - I wish to do more about history research. So I've to think of reducing the
work with the Tarot News a little bit, or to organize it in a different way, so that it can run by itself without consuming my concentration too much.
So a new idea was born : The Tarot News Newsticker, which coordinates the work of various "reporters" or "News-producers".
What this means, you can learn below. Perhaps some more persons are interested to participate, see below and what you see, will become an integrated part of our News-section (or use the link in the menu, there youll get a better view). Although there are only 3 reporters in the moment, it will grow.
Perhaps just you will become victim to the same idea: generating a Tarot News system, in which News are transported very quick, just by the cooperation of a few people from different parts in the world.
(composed by Huck Meyer)
Trionfi.com has its focus on Tarot History and especially the origin of Tarot in 15th century, also the representation of about
100 000 Tarot and other playing cards in the Tarot Museum.
Tarot News appeared some time regularely, but for the moment only, when we find some time for it. And likely we've no time to comment on developments in modern Tarot as we earlier did. Actually we would love to see, if others found interest to cooperate in this matter.
Copyright: trionfi.com. Links do lead occasionally to foreign sources, we've no influence on these sites and
are not responsible for their representations and opinions.
International Start -
Tarot History -
Tarot Museum -
Tarot in all Aspects -
Tarot Iconography -
Tarot Reading /