|The theme of the Michelino deck involves a lot of persons. Until now we hadn't the time and energy to follow each participating person, so occasionally you do not find much behind the links to the left., to the larger part we just offer material, which we collected in the web. The Michelino deck is a great theme, we're not ready with it.
The persons are sorted according to their appearance at specific occasions:
- 1424/1425, Milan: Assumed date of the Michelino deck
- 1447, ca. 1470, Ferrara, Milan: Decembrio wrote his text in 1447, in which he notes the Michelino deck, the text is translated in ca. 1470
- 1449: Time of Marcello's letter
- Another group are the relevant condottieri, which just in the year 1424 experienced a double change of the generations. Filippo Maria Visconti used the opportunity of the weakness to get rid of his connection to his major condottieri, Carmagnola.
- Further their are specific foes. Foscari in Venezia became doge in 1423 and stayed it till 1457 and - more or less - during all his reignment he acted as foe of Milan. The war started in 1425, the year of the Trionfo of Filippo Maria. Florence took part in this war and never on the side of Milan. San Bernardino preached against Filippo Maria, also just around the production time of the Michelino deck. Alfonso of Aragon can't be counted really as a foe, although he was it once.
- A third group are Fillipo Maria's wifes - a series of bad experiments for Filippo on the background of a murdered father and a murdered mother.
- The French context was created by 2 French-Milanese marriages in 14th century, the last of both involved Valentina, a half-sister of Filippo Maria, which Filippo Maria probably never met during his lifetime. This prepared French claims to the throne of Milan and this did lead in the final end to rather bad conditions in Milan - long after the death of Filippo Maria.